- Introduction of RuPay
- Brief Overview of RuPay
- Criteria for Choosing the Best RuPay Sportsbooks
- Deposit with RuPay at Sportsbooks
- Withdraw with RuPay at Sportsbooks
- Safety and Security of RuPay Sportsbooks in India
- Safety Measures with RuPay
- Betting Bonuses for RuPay Users
- RuPay Fees in India
- RuPay: Minimum and Maximum Deposit and Withdrawal Limits
Introduction of RuPay
The name RuPay derives from the words Rupee and Payment, signifying the Indian origin of the payment system. RuPay had 603.6 million active cards by more than 1,000 banks in November 2020.
The importance of RuPay is highlighted by the fact that every Indian company that has an annual turnover of over 50 crore rupees is obliged to offer RuPay as a payment option. The system is available for all Indian financial institutions and banks.
Brief Overview of RuPay
The idea of creating RuPay arose in 2009 when the Reserve Bank of India ordered the Indian Banks’ Association to create a non-profit company that would provide a domestic payment card. The logo of RuPay resembles the flag of India, and the name RuPay was chosen instead of the working name “India Pay.” After several years of planning, the system was finally introduced in 2014.
The company decided to expand RuPay to the foreign market, including China, the United States, and other countries. The associates of NPCI signed a memorandum of understanding with a financial company based in the United Kingdom to achieve the goal of internationalising the product.
The company plans to keep the tendency of international expansion and further increase the availability of RuPay in countries that use the Euro, US dollar, and Pound sterling.
RuPay in India
RuPay offers various types of cards for Indian users. That includes credit cards, debit cards, government scheme cards, and prepaid cards. Indian users can also combine debit and credit, credit and prepaid, or prepaid and debit features in one card. RuPay debit cards have three variations: RuPay Classic, RuPay Platinum, and RuPay Select.
The first one offers a few features, including merchant offers in pharmacy, dining, travel, cosmetics, etc. The mid-tier card, Platinum, adds airport lounge access and impressive insurance coverage. The RuPay Select offers card-specific benefits. Much like debit cards, RuPay credit cards have three variants of the same names. They became available in 2017 with a selection of banks issuing the cards.
How Does RuPay Work in India?
RuPay is easy to use for Indian users. Users from India should contact their banks to get a RuPay card. Once the bank issues the plastic card, one can use it as a payment method at a wide variety of POS devices, ATMs, and other payment platforms.
Criteria for Choosing the Best RuPay Sportsbooks
Choosing the right betting website isn’t an easy task. You need to check the licence, make sure that the interface is acceptable for you, and see if the site offers bonuses and promotions to your liking. More importantly, you should ensure the website takes the necessary steps to provide a safe and secure environment. In this paragraph, we’ll list the most vital criteria to keep an eye on when choosing the best sportsbooks that accept RuPay.
- Safety measures are key. As we’ve mentioned, you should be aware of the safety features the website is using before you agree to sign up. This is a vital part of indicating whether the site is trustworthy. After all, you’re going to provide your personal information and deposit your funds into the betting account. So, it’s best to be sure.
- Licence. Much like any other betting site, sportsbooks that accept RuPay should own a legal licence to operate, preferably issued by an authoritative regulatory organisation. Some of the best betting sites own more than one licence as they tend to operate in various parts of the world. Licensing is another essential aspect, so don’t overlook this matter when you’re considering signing up.
- Quick deposit and withdrawal times. It’s always great when you can deposit into your account quickly and get your winnings as soon as possible. While a lot of betting sites offer almost instant deposits, some of them may take longer to process withdrawals. Make sure to read the payment options page or reach customer support for help regarding the matter.
- A wide array of sports and tournaments. One of the best ways of providing a fantastic betting experience is by covering a wide variety of sports. Many bettors enjoy having an extensive collection of tournaments, leagues, and gambling options. If a sportsbook covers hundreds of leagues and tournaments, from UEFA Champions League to Indian Premier League, you’ll always have something to try out. You can switch between your favourite sports or place a bet or two on something new.
- Availability of customer support. A betting website can offer several ways of contacting customer support, including live chat, email, phone, and messaging apps. It’s better to have more than one way to reach support, and we recommend sites that provide 24/7 support. Moreover, the customer support team should be friendly and helpful. If the site has live chat support, you should get a relatively fast response.
- Acceptable interface. That’s another aspect we’ve already mentioned above. Every betting website has a different interface, but you should be able to navigate the site easily. We always suggest going for a site with an intuitive interface and well-optimised performance.
- Bonuses and promotions. A generous welcome bonus, reload bonuses, and regular promotions make the gambling experience more exciting. We suggest checking the website’s promotions page to see if you’re getting good bonus offers. Moreover, betting sites sometimes have special offers for certain payment options. Who knows, maybe you’ll get a special bonus for using RuPay as a payment method!
Deposit with RuPay at Sportsbooks
Depositing into your account with RuPay is easy. You should choose a sportsbook that accepts RuPay as a payment option to deposit with RuPay. The rest will be explained below in our step-by-step guide to depositing with RuPay.
RuPay: Step-by-Step Guide
- Create a betting account at a sportsbook that supports RuPay as a payment option.
- Sign in to your account and find the deposit button.
- Search for RuPay in the list of payment options.
- Enter the amount you’d like to deposit and confirm the transaction.
Common Issues Regarding RuPay and Their Solutions for Indian Users
If you’re facing difficulties when you’re entering your RuPay card details, you might have an internet connection problem. In that case, try disconnecting from the current network and reconnecting again in a few seconds. You might also need to switch to a stronger network.
Withdraw with RuPay at Sportsbooks
Withdrawing your winnings with RuPay is easy and intuitive as well. However, you should ensure that you’ve fulfilled the wagering requirements if you’re withdrawing bonus funds. Let’s see a step-by-step guide for RuPay withdrawals here.
RuPay: Step-by-Step Guide
- Log in to your betting account.
- Click on the withdrawal button.
- Choose RuPay as your withdrawal option.
- Enter the withdrawal amount and confirm the transaction.
Common Issues Regarding RuPay Withdrawals and Their Solutions for Indian Users
We believe you’ll have a great experience withdrawing funds with RuPay. However, if you can’t withdraw your winnings or face technical issues, we suggest contacting customer support. You can request help from your betting site first. If the problem persists, contact RuPay customer support or try again later.
Safety and Security of RuPay Sportsbooks in India
We’ve discussed the importance of safety features at betting sites. The features a site might use to provide safety include 128-bit SSL encryption and two-factor authentication. However, the safety features aren’t limited to these measures and can involve other up-to-date security technologies.
Safety Measures with RuPay
RuPay takes extra steps for safety purposes. For example, the standard rule regarding the blocking of a card applies to all RuPay cards. This feature will be discussed below.
RuPay Account Safety
You should consider a few things to keep your RuPay account safe. First and foremost, you should never share your personal information and your bank account and credit card details with anyone. Additionally, you should remember your PIN to keep your account safe. Please note that the bank will block your RuPay card if you unsuccessfully attempt to enter the correct PIN three times. In that case, you’ll have to contact your bank for further assistance, so it’s best to remember your PIN all the time.
Betting Bonuses for RuPay Users
RuPay users can get various types of betting bonuses at sportsbooks in India. Firstly, most betting sites offer a welcome bonus. The welcome offer may award a bonus on your first deposit, but it can involve other types of bonuses as well.
Apart from the welcome offer, you can get regular bonuses and promotions, including reload bonuses, cashback, and more. You can always check the bonuses and promotions page on your favourite betting site to learn what types of bonuses you can get.
RuPay Fees in India
Apart from other advantages, RuPay also offers significantly low transaction fees in India. When one makes a transaction using RuPay, the fee is only 0.01% of the transaction amount. That being said, you’re likely to pay 0.01% when depositing and withdrawing at a sportsbook. However, you should note that a betting site might present additional fees. You should check the website and read the terms and conditions thoroughly to gather additional information.
RuPay: Minimum and Maximum Deposit and Withdrawal Limits
Different betting sites in India might have different deposit and withdrawal limitations. To learn the minimum and maximum deposit and withdrawal amounts for RuPay at a specific sportsbook, it’s best to check the sportsbook’s website.
You should go to the page where the payment options are listed or the terms and conditions of the sportsbook. Alternatively, you can reach customer support and request additional information from a support team representative.
Yes, you can use RuPay as a payment method for sportsbooks in India. Players can deposit and withdraw with RuPay.
When a user is making a transaction with RuPay, the charged fee is 0.01%, which is decent. Unless your sportsbook has additional fees for transactions, you won’t be charged more than 0.01%. We recommend checking the sportsbook website for additional information.
Sportsbooks vary in minimum and maximum deposit and withdrawal amounts. That’s why it’s best to check your favourite sportsbook for additional information. The info about the deposit amounts might be found on the payment options page or in the terms and conditions of the betting site.